True leadership will bring together a province, the current Premier Redford is doing anything but.
After a stunning collapse in the polls to the governing PC party went from a campaign of hope and change to a campaign of fear and divisiveness. It is crucial to elect a leader that will place the needs of all Albertans above political partisanship, something that Redford has failed miserably at. Her own government is playing political games dividing the province for her own political gain. This is why Albertans have grown tired of the PC Party, bullying, intimidating, and having no morals when it comes to political gain. Here are a few examples:
1) Alberta Tories play race card in campaign Really? How sad is it when you resort to calling down Old white males? Well I am sure this won't gain support from the old white male voters that left her party.
2) Not your Fathers PC Party Wow, quite a slam on the fathers that supported the PC party throughout my generation. Wonder if they or their children agree. How many votes here? Good enough to accept a Lougheed endorsement though from my Fathers PC Party. Wow.
3) Attacking previous Premier Although Ralph Klein may not have been her favorite, he is still adored by many. For Lougheed and her to go after the former premier when he is not well enough to defend himself is inexcusable. Once she saw the divisiveness in her own party causing one of her board members (also served on Kleins board) to quit, she quickly backpedalled. Too little to late.
4) Conscience Rights Redford has played this one to the fullest extent possible. Claiming she was "afraid" and later "frightened" Wow. Wildrose may have been incorrect by not noticing they are already enshrined Pg 49. Fear mongering by her, will she take these rights way now? After all they are frightening she claimed.
5) Religion After writing a blog as a religious pastor, Hunsperger quickly came under attack from the premier and her PC party. Now I do not agree with the Pastor on this (because I am atheist) however he is entitled to his personal religious convictions. If one were to look at the book of Revelations in the bible, this is where it is from. Does it have a place in politics? NO. He never brought it into politics though, it was a drive by courtesy of the PC party. With her shock of how the religious community is, will she also throw their vote out the window in order to gain a few?
It continues on. What one has to wonder are these the issues this Alberta Election will be decided on?
Your Moral And Intellectual Superiors
53 minutes ago